National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : January 29, 2018 Application deadline : February 26, 2018
Research Investigator with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#26/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Investigator with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
Salary - Annual Tk. 1,094,260/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, direct and conduct implementation of research activities with the objective of collecting relevant research data for creating knowledge within the guidelines of the research protocol and organisational values and guidelines .
- Project Management: Develop study “Standard operating procedures”; Support DSU to hire staff, process salaries, update budgets, track budget, arrange transport and other logistics, initiate to procure necessary items etc.; Train staff on data collection and sample collection procedures; Arrange for Field-test and finalize data collection tools; Assign work to team and initiate activities as per project plan; Monitor data collection and ensure data quality; Coach staff on how to address issues faced during field-work; Work with PI on analysis of data.
- Research Protocol Development: Work with PI in creating detailed research design and methodology to achieve the study objectives; Work with PI in development of research protocols; Circulate protocol drafts internally and externally, seek feedback and modify accordingly; Seek approval from Finance, RRC, ERC etc. on protocol.
- Scientific Analysis, Knowledge Creation and Translation: Critically asses data quality; Identify threats to data integrity, develop and implement sound plans to address these threats’; Collect and correctly record valid data; Conduct reviews of relevant scientific literature; Conduct descriptive and associative analysis interpret and present result of their analysis;
- Scientific Capacity Building: Participate in writing up of the results of studies as co-anthers of manuscripts published in international, peer-reviewed journals;
- People Management: Provide training to different cadre of workers, monitor and support health intervention activities and ensure quality assurance; Document project activities, maintain liaison with the government and partner organizations.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters degree in Public Health/ Statistics/ Economics/ Anthropology/ Development Studies/ Population Science or MBBS with good academic record;
- 3 years working experience in public health preferably in maternal and child health.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Capable of supervising and organizing data collection activities
- Preparing Research Protocols
- Developing Research Tools and SOP
- Conducting review of scientific literature
- Supervising Field Research Team and Monitor Quality of Data
- Data collection, Analysis and Report Writing
- Investigation and Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Computer operations (MS Office, Statistical programme).
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 26, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.