National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 05, 2018 Application deadline : February 17, 2018
Skilled Worker with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#34/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Skilled Worker with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 11 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 12,430/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Collect demographic and other relevant data and contact with respondents WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing support to the project team for effective research WITHIN the guidelines of the centre.
- Project Implementation: Support project administration while organizing various training's, workshops, seminars, meetings etc; Escort visitors after security check; Provide messengarial support; Ensuring safety and security of staff belongings; Escalate difficult cases to the Supervisor to find out a solution in order to ensure smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Team Support: Receive documents from supervisor; Make photocopies of documents as and when required; Keep documents in files properly; Help organizing stationery and other office logistics in the store; Receive, sort and arrange distribution of regular inbox documents; Support binder for binding for archiving; Work for keeping office space and furniture tidy and clean; Coordinate with the washroom cleaners to ensure the cleaning work properly in order to support effective functioning of the office.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC pass or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in relevant field
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Ethical guidelines
- Data collection, management and screening
- Problem solving and good understanding skill
- Documentation and record keeping
- Cleaning related activities
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.