National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 12, 2018 Application deadline : February 19, 2018
Medical Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#43/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 4 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka (1 post) and Chittagong (1 post)
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
Salary - 91,188/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, direct and conduct implementation of research activities with the objective of collecting relevant research data for creating knowledge within the guidelines of the research protocol and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Project Administration: Perform all project related financial and administrative functions, keep liaison with donors, co-applicants and affiliates, jointly work with PIs in sending reports (both financial and technical), provide direction and guidance to team for delivery of support to PI, understand needs, issues and challenges related to administration, monitor adherence to processes and policy guidelines in order to ensure smooth functioning of the project;
- Project Implementation: Overall supervision of the field activities, continuous interaction with the physicians to establish a network of Project Physicians (PPS) in identifying and referring presumptive TB cases, strengthen linkage with NTP linked DOTS facilities, organize orientation programs with medical college hospitals, professional bodies and other private hospitals, organize ACSM activities targeting the private sector, quarterly recording and reporting to National Tuberculosis Control Program (NTP), resolve any queries and escalate appropriate issues, prepare report and share findings regularly with the supervisor in order to execute activities in accordance with research protocol;
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity among team members and in the organisation, encourage team members to collaborate across areas, address and resolve any diversity related issues, set goals and conduct appraisals for the team, set high standards and confront poor performance where needed, guide and prepare them for higher responsibilities, identify and reward high performers in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team;
- Project Planning and Review: Understand research protocol and plan for its implementation (milestones, deliverable etc.), align implementation plans across partners (internal and external), assign work to team and initiate activities as per project plan, enrolled participants and share it with supervisor, coordinate for ERC audit or any other visit for briefing on progress of the project in order to effectively and efficiently plan the execution of the research project.
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS with MPH degree from any reputed institute;
- 3 years of experience in TB research, however, candidates having prior experience in programme management and Tuberculosis control would be preferred;
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Investigation and Analysis Tools and Techniques
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Regulatory Compliances
- Clinical Counseling
- Tuberculosis Control Activities
- Infection Control
- Tuberculosis Diagnosis and Treatment
- MDR TB
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 19, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.