National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 13, 2018 Application deadline : February 24, 2018
Programmer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#44/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Programmer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 9 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 54,128/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Turn existing software into easy-to-use products for field level users and also for all the stake holders; Gather user requirements, design graphic elements, build navigation components and also create both functional and appealing features to address existing needs and help to grow the end user base within the guidelines of project’s requirement and organizational values and guidelines.
- User Interface Design and User Experience Design: Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers, Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps, Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets, Build page navigation buttons and search fields, Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like, Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables), Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders, Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness), Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images IN ORDER TO develop user friendly, modern and organization standard software application;
- Training: Prepare training material and conduct training to users on usage of software and associated devices IN ORDER TO smooth functioning of the developed software application.
- IT Support: Collect feedback from users on web-portal for any changes required; Make necessary changes; Provide continuous support for user queries and Train the end users IN ORDER TO provide continuous IT support to them;
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics / MIS from a reputed university with good academic records;
- 3 years experience in relevant field. Preference will be given to those having experience in database driven dynamic web development and professional exposure in UI/UX Design. Should have experience with designing software and wire frame tools.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Centre / Service Requirements
- actual production environment using Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Products, Banner, Mobile and Web Designs (div based CSS3, HTML5.)
- design skills, including the effective use sense of color, form, lighting and composition.
- versed in both digital and print media.
- current market trends in both design and content consumption.
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 24, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.