National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 07, 2018 Application deadline : March 14, 2018
Field Research Officer with the MCHD Special Activities of the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#64/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Officer with MCHD Special Activities under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 10 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Mymensingh
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 42,785/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Supervise, monitor and analyze field research activities WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF collecting relevant research data for creating scientific knowledge WITHIN the guidelines of the research protocol; and organizational values and guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Translate and prepare psycho-social stimulation curriculum; Conduct training of trainers (TOT) with the Govt.MOH staff and supervise the field activities for 18 months; Monitor and evaluate the training on psycho-social stimulation received by the Community Health Workers along with the Gov. level Supervisors and Communicate with Research investigator (RI) to provide necessary support in field planning and organizing workshop in order to train up Govt. staff for deliver better health service.
- Monitoring and Supervision: Travel in different Community Clinics under Mymensingh district; Supervise and monitor of psycho-social stimulation sessions; Validate and Observe certain percentage of sessions; Perform field visits and conduct regular meeting with the Govt. Health providers (CHCP, HA, FWA) at field in order to capture qualitative data and information for analysis.
- Mentoring and Training: Identify training needs, Organize and conduct Training for data collectors; Guide team members on completion of tasks, activities, reports etc; Mentor and train staff on-the-job in the field; Provide feedback to supervisor on team members' performance in order to spread knowledge and develop team members.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Social Science preferably in Child Development or Psychology with good academic record;
- 3 years experience in Child Development Research.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Monitoring and Evaluations
- IT Systems and standard Applications
- facilitating training
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 14, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.