National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 07, 2018 Application deadline : March 17, 2018
Research Officer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#66/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Officer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 42,785/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, organize and implement qualitative research with the objective of conducting high-quality research within the guidelines of the research protocols; analyse and interpret research findings to prepare report and manuscript, implement and organisational values and guidelines.
- Research Protocol Development: Work with PI in research design and methodology; Collaborate with other PI's to align project along-with different research verticals / areas in the research group; Estimate requirements for non-financial resources based on research methodology; Allocate resources across research areas; Seek approval from Finance, RRC, ERC etc. on protocol; Coordinate with Research Administration (RA) for registering projects with government / international authorities and for securing licenses or approvals for research-related activities in order to support creation of proposals and protocols with funding potential.
- Project Implementation: Match field site demographics and protocol requirements to identify target locations / households for research study; Create work plan (allocation of locations and duties) for implementation of project; Create tools and materials for implementation in collaboration with supervisor; Train implementation team to carry out implementation of project across entire field site; Monitor progress of implementation team and Provide input and guidance to implementation team in order to proper implementation of the project;
- Scientific Analysis and Report Writing: Collect high quality data on topics following the ethical guideline of the study; Transcribing and coding qualitative data; Transcribe information into digital form; Perform qualitative data analysis using in order to execute research protocols and interventions, and conduct high-quality research. Write initial report; Discuss with all team members on initial reports together for consensus on findings; Prepare final report for submission to supervisor; Revise final report based on feedback received from supervisor; Work with supervisor in writing manuscript in order to support scientific manuscript creation.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Anthropology with good academic records;
- 3 years of experience in Maternal and Neonatal Health research; Candidates having experience on report writing will be given preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Data Analysis
- computer operations (MS-Office, SPSS)
- Scientific writing
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.