National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 08, 2018 Application deadline : March 17, 2018
Senior Programmer with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#69/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Programmer with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 1,094,260/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Develop and guide programmer to develop data capture software (desktop and mobile based) in different platform like Windows, Android and Prepare research data WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing support to the research groups WITHIN the guidelines and requests of internal customers and supervisor; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Database development and Designing Data Capture System: Coordinate with the Programmer, Data Management team for smooth functioning of data management works; Design/review appropriate layout/screen for the questionnaire; Develop error detection tools; Finalize the process-flow / programming logic for each problem; Design/ develop necessary application for the management of Enteric and Respiratory Infections program's tools; Design and implement data capture system for mobile device; Provide required technical training to the field staff to support proper use of mobile devices and for error detection at field and thereby develop the efficiency in order to ensure efficient data management works and effective execution of research projects.
- Data Security and Backup: Analyze various security policies and develop roles and permissions; Perform maintenance of database security and confidentiality; Identify various internal or external security threats of Database Application and mitigation plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a highly secured environment of the Database system of the Enteric and Respiratory Infections in order to maintain proper data security and backup.
- People Management: Take part in staff selection process (if required); Organize required training/ orientation for the staff; Mentor the team members to ensure the quality of works Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the unit; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Review annual performance of supervisees, Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance. coaching, job rotations, in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Master Degree or Bachelors in Computer Science; Candidates will be preferred with strong knowledge of developing software application in Windows and Android platform, RDBMS, C#, JAVA, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite.
- 5 years of experience in software development domain in a reputed organisation.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Software/Application Development
- System Integration
- IT Security
- IT Application Maintenance
- IT Documentation
- IT Standards and Regulations
- Data Management and Data Analysis
- Database Designing and Maintenance
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.