National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 11, 2018 Application deadline : March 18, 2018
Data Management Officer with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Re-adv#74/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Data Management Officer with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - DHAKA
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 42,785/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will be responsible for design data entry screens; supervise data entry, data cleaning, analysis, tabulations and prepare graphs/slides WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing data for analysis and preventing data loss WITHIN the guidelines of the research protocol and organisational values and guidelines.
- Data Management, Editing and Reporting: Provide inputs to Deputy Project Coordinator to design database; Design web-based data entry screen in PHP/DHIS2 having range and consistency check; develop data codebooks; Clean data; Prepare graphs/slides for reports and presentations; Create script of the database; Check the data for errors in consultation with field staff; Add the data into the database; Backup database regularly on External HDD and computers; Create database views and write queries as per direction and requirement of PI/DPC/DMS; Generate SPSS / STATA data file and send to concerned PI/DPC/DMS; Update Record Management System; Escalate issues / discrepancies and Take corrective action as directed by supervisor in order to retrieve data and provide cleaned versions of data to PI/DPC/DMS.
- Coordination and training: Arrange training to develop skills of concern staff members on data management system; Prepare documentation and maintain communication with related field staffs; Raise inconsistencies to supervisor and take action as directed in order to smooth run of project activities and prevent accidental data loss.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set goals and conduct appraisals for t he team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Identify and reward high performers; Recommend promotions; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team."
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Bio statistics.
- 5 years of experience in data management.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Management and Data Analysis
- IT Security
- SPSS, STATA and other relevant Statistical Packages
- IT Standards and Regulations
- IT Systems and standard Applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 18, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.