National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : 13 Sep 2017 Application deadline : 19 Sep 2017
Health Worker with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#270/2017)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Health Worker with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 3 posts
Salary - 18,987/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
This position holder will have responsibility of collecting and carry out clinical data and biological samples, Household visiting, Specimen preservation in appropriate environment etc. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Team Support: Maintain good liaison with the workforce of the community; Share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
- Project Implementation Support: Work with field staffs to carry out project activities; Support other project staff members in the field activities in order to run the project work smoothly, Prepare and deliver nutrition intervention to participants etc.
- Data Collection: Co-ordinate in collecting clinical data and biological samples; Visit the participants at the household level; Store collected specimen in appropriate environment in order to perform data collection.
- Sample Transportation: Carry and deposit of biological specimens to designated laboratory at icddr,b as per recommendation of the research protocol; Carry and Keep records of study equipments (questionnaire, height scale, weighing scale etc.) between the field site and icddr,b as it is deemed required upon suggestion of supervisors in order to ensure safety of samples.
Education and relevant experience:
- Minimum S.S.C. or Equivalent.
- 2 years experience in field research
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods;
- Ethical Guidelines
- Specimen Collection, prepare and labeling;
- Biological sample relocating with maintenance of cold chain;
- Record keeping of the necessary instruments & equipment;
- Counseling of study participants/parents;
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 19 September 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.