National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : 13 Sep 2017 Application deadline : 19 Sep 2017
Field Research Assistant with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#271/2017)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Assistant with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 3 posts
Salary - 26,900/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
This position holder will have responsibility of Identifying survey respondents and collecting data with the objective of supporting research studies within the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures and organizational values. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Project Implementation: Receive project assignments from the PI; Attend training conducted by the investigators to understand project scope, methodology, timelines, targeted demographics and areas etc.; visit field sites as per plan constructed by the investigators; Convince parents/guardians of children and adolescents and obtain informed written consent; collect baseline information from participants; Work with technologists in collection of biological samples from the study participants; Measure anthropometry, Validate collected data with other FRAs; Seek supervisors and investigator's guidance to resolve issues regarding interaction with respondents and data collection; Send collected data to the server periodically in order to carry out project activities.
- Team Support: Train new staffs in study methods; Demonstrate how to conduct interviews to team members; Observe team members while they conduct interviews; Intervene and moderate the interview with an uncooperative respondent, if required; Provide feedback to individual team members on their interviewing skills; Share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Graduate in any discipline
- 3 years experience in relevant field researches; Candidates having prior experience in saliva sample collection will get preference
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods;
- Biological sample collection procedure;
- Field Activities Management;
- IT Systems and standard Applications;
- Facilitating training;
- Ethical Guidelines;
- Anthropometry Mesurement
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 19 September 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.