National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : 31 Aug 2017 Application deadline : 13 Sep 2017
Medical Technologist (Laboratory) with Clinical Stream of Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Internal#264/2017)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Medical Technologist (Laboratory) with Clinical Stream of Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on a fixed-term basis for 02 years, which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 390,800/ inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
This position holder will have responsibility of Planning, organizing and implementing qualitative laboratory diagnostic services with the objective of conducting high-quality lab services within the guidelines of laboratory SOP/protocols. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics: Process and prepare specimens and samples for testing and store leftover samples for further requirement; perform routine laboratory tests and assays independently in accordance with approved SOP and record data in appropriate worksheets for review and retention; prepare controls, calibrators, reagents and chemicals and maintain log; check and record water quality, discard unused chemicals and replenish timely; discard bio hazard materials and reagents as per SOP; prepare requisition for stock and non-stock lab supplies and keep updated records; participate in validation and adoption of new or modified tests or methods; report results when designated with maintaining strict confidentiality in order to carry out clinical laboratory diagnostics services effectively.
- Maintenance of Equipments: Ensure and perform inhouse maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment according to maintenance plan and on demand for their optimum operation; detect malfunction; perform minor trouble shooting and contact with bio-medical engineering for major troubleshooting and maintenance works; keep legitimate records in order to ensure proper maintenance and safe and appropriate use of equipments to yield quality results of testing using optimal resources.
- Quality Assurance, Bio-Safety and Bio-Security: Train and adhere to quality and biosafety procedures and practices from specimen reception to report authorization; Train newly hired staff and lab technician on quality and bio-safety procedures in order to protect personnel from risks within the laboratory as well as maintain quality of service delivered to stakeholders to comply with standards and guidelines of ISO15189 and ISO15190.
Education and relevant experience:
- Diploma/Bsc. in Medical Technology;
- 01 year experience in Clinical Microbiology Laboratory.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Automated Equipment of Medical Laboratory
- Interpretation of Medical Test Results
- Instrument Principles, Reagent Mechanisms
- Laboratory Standards (e.g. ISO)
- Biohazards, Biosecurity and Biosafety Requirements
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Regulatory Requirements
- Laboratory IT Systems
- Inventory Management Guidelines and Tools
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 13 September 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.