National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 11, 2017 Application deadline : September 18, 2017
Coordination Manager with NCSD Administration under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Internal#267/2017)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Coordination Manager with NCSD Administration under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 1,348,820/ inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
This position holder will be responsible to coordinate administrative services for the division; utilise available resources and equipments; prepare the annual and forecast budget with the objective of enabling smooth operation of administrative functions of the division within the guidelines of the implementation plan and organizational values and guidelines. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Office and Project Administration and Coordination: Coordinate with all the PI's for collecting and compiling reports, protocol information, SAG, KPIs, Annual Report, BoT information, other requirement based on the demand; Track project and office-related administrative requests (e.g. Budget, Procurement, Human Resources related issues); Liaise directly with service team (e.g. Finance, Supply Chain Management and HR) to execute request; Follow-up for completion of the above; Arrange meetings and field trips for PI, researchers, etc.; Gather project-related information for the Division Director from different projects etc.; Secure approvals from PI/RI for different agenda in order to reduce the administration burden of the researchers.
- Inventory and Resource Management: Organize and coordinate the planned activities i.e. recruit required staff, provide logistics support to the project and division; Capture fixed asset information (issue date, assigned user, assigned location, cost etc.) on procurement of fixed assets for the unit; Liaison with the procurement, finance and HR; Initiate procurement procedures for project equipment purchase, collect the accurate specification of the equipment and arrange accordingly through the Supply chain Management in order to optimise utilisation of the resources across all the research services.
- Requisition and Document Management: Process Non-stock and stock item requisition, transport requisition, air travel, maintenance etc.; Process expenditure bills and vouchers for reimbursement; Resolve escalated issues with Unit Head; Track the accuracy and closure of internal requisitions; Responsible for systematically maintaining the document management system in the internal Unit which includes hard copy and electronic filing - this includes filing for internal audits, audit reports, reports to various committees, maintenance of information on shared drive, budget, correspondences, etc. in order to process inter divisional request and retrieval of documents in an effective and efficient manner.
- Support to Division office: Provide administrative and management support to Division Director, PIs, Research Investigators and all other staff. Prepare budget and getting approval; budget forecasting for respective PIs/FPis and submit in time. Assist in preparation of documents for reporting to the BoT by Division Director. Arranging external review of research protocols for RRC/ERC approval and make payment to the reviewers.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organisation; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Help setting goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Encourage young professionals and help prepare them for higher responsibilities; Identify high performers and recommend promotions; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in any discipline with good academic record;
- 8 years of experience in related field. Candidates with experience in national and international Office and Project management will be given preference
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Budgeting and Expenditure Monitoring Skills;
- General Administrative Functions;
- IT Services, Systems and Applications;
- Procurement and Sourcing;
- Event Management ;
- Asset Management and Maintenance;
- Petty Cash Management;
- Research Publication Management;
- Internal and External Reporting;
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 18, 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.