National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 08, 2018 Application deadline : February 14, 2018
Senior Field Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#37/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Field Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 8 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 30 posts
Salary - 21,637/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Field survey, screening of study subjects,motivate people WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing support to the project team for effective research WITHIN the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Vaccination, clinical sample, and data collection: Identification of study participants and taking written consent from the study participants, interviewing the patient through a detailed questionnaire regarding demographic, socioeconomic status, medical history and previous therapy received, taking anthropometric measurement and collection of samples (stool & blood). Vaccination through injectable vaccine (Intramascular/ subcutaneous); Update Record Management System; Escalate issues / discrepancies to the Supervisor; Take corrective action as directed by supervisor in order to retrieve data for further use in the research activity.
- Field visit: Frequent field visit to household of the study participants from duty station for data collection/ vaccination/ sample collection and transportation. Visit different health care facilities to collect medical records of respective study patients; Receive the logistics related to study from the Head office/ Field site, Transport the logistics to the field site in order to enable field research activities properly.
- Filing and documentation: Keeping records of every single activity related to the study; Archiving the source documents of the studies; Seeking advice from the Supervisor in case of any problem and escalating difficult cases to the Supervisor to find out a solution along with documentation. Organize and preserve different official papers and office records; Seek advice from the Supervisor in case of any problem; Escalate difficult cases to the Supervisor to find out a solution in order to maintain an effective filing and documentation for further use of records and verification.
Education and relevant experience:
- HSC pass or equivalent. Diploma in medical qualification will be preferred
- 03 years of experience in relevant field. Candidates with experience in injectable vaccination including EPI vaccines will be desired
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Socio-demographic data collection and geographic information system
- Ethical Guidelines
- working with partner organization.
- Able to perform stool & blood sample collection
- Hospital based disease surveillance.
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 14, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.