National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 08, 2018 Application deadline : February 14, 2018
Study Nurse with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#38/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Study Nurse with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 8 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - ERI Field Sites
No. of vacancy - 20 posts
Salary - 24,420/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Provide proper nursing care to the participants & provide study intervention according to the protocol WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF Effective & Smooth running of project activities WITHIN the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Screening, consenting and enrollment: Medical assessment of the study participants; screening and consenting study participants for following the inclusion and exclusion criteria of the protocol in order to carry out enrolling study subjects during roster duties that include night duties.
- Regular follow up and monitoring: Record weight, height, vital signs of study participants and carry on treatment order of them; maintain intake and output chart of study subjects; regular monitoring of the study participants with follow-up of the patients up to discharge; provide proper nursing care to the study patients in order to perform routine follow up and ensure proper monitoring.
- Team Support: Maintain records of all research related data in appropriate form. Co-ordination with Study physicians/Investigators in research related activities including sample collection and send out for laboratory tests; maintain log book of study subjects, samples & maintain proper chart; supervise the activities of the health worker and work in good collaboration with study physician in order to maintain a high team spirit.
- Hospital surveillance: Maintain liaison with govt./private clinic/hospital physician for carrying out the disease surveillance; enrollment of the patient in health care facilities; report to study physician of the surveillance; collect data in case report form(CRF) including through paper/Tablets; collect clinical samples including blood, stool and urine; maintain log book of study subjects, samples & maintain proper chart; supervise the activities of the health worker and work in good collaboration with study physician in order to maintain proper hospital surveillance activity.
- Vaccination: Vaccinating study participants with injectable/intramuscular vaccines; monitor and maintain the temperature of vaccine storage box in a field setting in order to cooperate in the vaccination of the project.
Education and relevant experience:
- Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery with valid registration from Bangladesh Nursing Council
- 1 year experience in relevant field; Experience in vaccinating children with injectable vaccine and collecting blood sample from young infant specially from neonate and infant along with competent in collecting other biological samples (ie. stool, urine etc.) will be given preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Motivation and interviewing
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Nursing Practices and Procedures
- Patient Care and Satisfaction
- Data collection, management and screening
- Hospital functioning
- Regulatory Requirements and Compliances
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 14, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.