National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 11, 2018 Application deadline : February 17, 2018
Field Research Supervisor with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#39/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Supervisor with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 4 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 3 posts
Salary - 32,567/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, implement and supervision of routine data collection works in field. Edit and cross check data in the field and in fortnightly meeting at with partners, ensure logistics support to keep the routine data collection works uninterrupted, conduct qualitative interview as per project's need.
- Monitoring and Supervision: Analyse the number of patients referred by the doctors and pharmacists of the previous months and arrange special visit those who referrning the less number of patients, supervise and monitor data collection of field staffs, monitor project activities as per plan, quality assurance of data at the field thorough direct observation, validate and observation of certain percentage of interview, perform field visits and conduct regular meeting with the staff at field in order to ensure quality data and information for analysis;
- Project Implementation: Understand Project protocol and data collection techniques from Research Investigator, Field Research Officer, develop activity plans under guidance of Research Investigator and communicate the plans with the Field Research Assistant/Senior Field Assistant and Health Worker, frequent visit to the doctors and pharmacists for ensuring their contribution to the Screening Centres (SCs), monitor the activities of the SCs staff, carry out validation interview, check data for accuracy, compile and prepare progress report, arrange to provide administrative and logistic support to the field staff, maintain effective liaison with community, team members, partner NGO and other stakeholders, assessment of skill and practices of health service providers in order to collect, test and analysis data related to the research project;
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity among team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas, address and resolve any diversity related issues, mentor FRA, HW and prepare them for higher responsibilities, tatke appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team;
- Project Administration: Purchase items for the project, if in small quantities, liaise with Procurement team for procurement of materials for large quantities, provide purchase receipts and requests for petty cash to Finance team, coordinate with Transport team for travel arrangements for the project staff, arrange for accommodation at the field sites for project staff, prepare for any logistical requirements for project implementation (e.g. creating copies of training material, scheduling trainings) in order to support project execution.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in any discipline with good academic records;
- 2 years of experience in field research activities, however, prior working experience in tuberculosis research will be preferred.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Supervising data collection
- Tuberculosis programme of Bangladesh
- Conducting training programme
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.