National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 08, 2018 Application deadline : March 14, 2018
Field Research Supervisor (4 posts) with the MCHD Special Activities of the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#68/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Supervisor with MCHD Special Activities under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 10 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Mymensingh
No. of vacancy - 4 posts
Salary - 32,567/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Supervise and monitor field research activities with the objective of collecting quality data for creating scientific knowledge within the guidelines of the research protocol; and organizational values and guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Understand data collection techniques from Supervisor; Develop activity plans under guidance of Supervisor, Piloting of questionnaire among the targeted communities, Conduct baselin and endline data collection using Family Care Indicators , Check data for accuracy; Edit, code and clean data, Give entry of collected data (if required); Compile and prepare progress report in order to ensure proper implementation of project.
- Monitoring and Supervision: Supervise quality checking of data at the field, Ensure data quality thorough cross check and direct observation, Validation and Observation of certain percentage of interviews and also receive and distribute different logistics amongest the respondents in order to ensure authentic data collection.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Social Sciences preferably in Child Development or Psychology with good academic record;
- 3 years experience in relevant field. Experience in child development research is preferred.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Supervising Data Collection
- Field Management Activities
- IT Systems and Standard Applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 14, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.