National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 11, 2018 Application deadline : March 19, 2018
Field Research Officer with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#72/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Officer with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka, Chittagong & Sylhet
No. of vacancy - 3 posts
Salary - 42,785/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The Field Research Officer will lead all activities in the field, serving as the primary supervisors of the field research assistants administering study questionnaires, and liaison to research investigator regarding all field matters.Amongst the FRO essential functions will be ensuring consistency and quality of questionnaire administration and documentation in the field, quality control and facilitating the identification of possible study participants of the study. Additionally, FROs will lead the processing of all questionnaire data checking, sport resurvey, Tab/smartphone of data management, and facilitate other information dissemination efforts in study communities.
- Project Implementation: Receive project assignment from Project Research Physician (PRP), Medical Officer (MO) and Senior Research Investigator (SRI); review GP visit and supervise field activities, maintain liaison among the team and doctors in the assigned areas, maintain liaison with the local NGOs, strengthen linkage with NTP linked DOTS facilities, trouble shooting of distributed hardware and report field updates regularly, organize orientation programs with medical college hospitals, professional bodies and other private hospitals, organize ACSM activities targeting the private sector, quarterly recording and reporting to National Tuberculosis Control Program (NTP), coordinate with team leader for increase GP activities, train pharmacists on basic TB knowledge, send regular activity updates to the supervisor, perform any tasks assigned by the supervisor, maintain records and jointly prepare reports with PRP (s) for updating the project activities, record and report to NTP in order to execute activities in accordance with research protocol in order to cooperate project implementation process.
- Project Administration, Proposal, and Protocol Development: Coordinate with administration team to ensure supply of logistics at field sites; Coordinate with team, and other external partners for deployment of personnel and resources to field sites; Understand protocols developed by Senior Research Investigator; Provide inputs on protocol and methodologies; Create preliminary budgets for protocols; Review protocol for adherence to quantitative research principles and make appropriate suggestions in order to support creation of Project Administration, Proposals and Protocols with funding potential
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organisation; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Mentor young professionals and prepare them for higher responsibilities; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters or equivalent
- 3 years work experience in relevant field. Preference will be given who have experience in TB related research.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- summary analysis of quantative data
- Field Activities Management
- MS-Office, SPCC, STATA
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 19, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.