National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 13, 2018 Application deadline : March 19, 2018
Document Scanning Assistant with Supply Chain and Facilities Management under the Corporate Services (Internal#79/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Document Scanning Assistant with Supply Chain and Facilities Management under the Corporate Services. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 259,640/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Maintain and organize Scan and Compose document; Operate scanner; Troubleshoot minor problems of scanner; Scan documents according to the SOP; Archive the scanned documents in a systematic way WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF arcaiving soft copies of documents WITHIN the SOP and administrative of Centre's guidelines.
- Document Scanning and Filling:: Receive documents from supervisor / PIs for scanning; Operate scanner; Troubleshoot minor problems of scanner; Scan documents according to the SOP; Archive the scanned documents in a systematic way in order to develop/implement an efficient electronic filling/archiving documents.
- Photocopying and Record Keeping: Operate Xerox Machine; Make photocopies of documents as and when required; Perform minor trouble shooting of Xerox machine; Take care of different official equipments such as Xerox machine, laminating machine; IP phone set and security (access control) devices. Maintain fixed asset movement register; Supervise and assist cleaners for cleaning office premises; Keep inventory of stationeries and arrange them in the storage area; properly in order to support smooth admin function of office.
- Compose and Documentation:: Compose data and store them properly; Keep data archive records of every single activity related to the study; Seek advice from the Supervisor in case of any problem; Escalate difficult casesto the Supervisor to find out a solution along with documentation in order to maintain an effective filing and documentation for further use of records and verification.
Education and relevant experience:
- HSC passed or equivalent; However, educational qualification can be relaxed up to SSC for highly experienced candidates.
- 3 years of experience in the field of support service with document scanning.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Knowledge on scaner machine operation
- Knowledge on data collection and storage syatematic way
- Knowledge on File Managemnet
- Knowledge on MS-Office and scanning software
- Logistics Management
- Knowledge on Liaison and rapport building
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 19, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.