National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 05, 2019 Application deadline : February 13, 2019
Research Officer with Universal Health Coverage under the Health System and Population Studies Division (Adv#31/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Officer with Universal Health Coverage under the Health System and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 44,924/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Planning, organizing and implementing quantitative field research, Maintain and organize data management system; process survey data; maintain security of database, analyze data to support the PI and other researchers in writing scientific reports and manuscript with the objective of conducting high-quality field research within guidelines of the research protocols and organisational values and guidelines.
- Research Protocol Development: Work with PI in research design and methodology; Collaborate with other PIs to align project along different research verticals / areas in the research group; Estimate requirements for non-financial resources based on research methodology; Allocate resources across research areas; Seek approval from Finance, RRC, ERC etc. on protocol; Coordinate with Research Administration (RA) for registering projects with government / international authorities and for securing licenses or approvals for research-related activities in order to support creation of proposals and protocols with funding potential.
- Research Concept Development: Provide support to the research team in finalizing the survey tools; resolve queries/questions related to the soundness of statistical methodologies in order to enhance acceptance of new research concept to the global scientific community.
- Project Implementation: Participate in planning, organizing, and implementing the field work under the guidance of supervisor; Create work plan (allocation of locations and duties) for implementation of project; Create tools and materials for implementation in collaboration with supervisor; Train implementation team to carry out implementation of project across entire field site; Monitor progress of implementation team; Provide input and guidance to implementation team, if required; Develop data management program according to supervisor's instructions for identifying inconsistencies in the collected data and devising appropriate solutions in order to proper implementation of the project.
- Scientific Analysis and Report Writing: Analyze research data; Resolve queries and issues related to statistical analysis; Prepare different types of report, power point presentation and documentation as per need of the project under the guidance of supervisor; Discuss with all team members on reports together for consensus on findings; Prepare final report for submission to supervisor; Revise final report based on feedback received from supervisor; Work with supervisor in writing manuscript in order to support scientific manuscript creation.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters of Science in Statistics with good academic records;
- 2 years of experience in relevant field.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Quantitative data collection
- Statistical Programming languages including STATA, R and & SPSS
- Facilitating training on statistics and/or statistical software and data management
- Statistical approaches used in public health research, including study design and sampling design
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 13, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.