National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 05, 2019 Application deadline : February 12, 2019
Senior Field Assistant with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#32/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Field Assistant with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Matlab, Chandpur District.
No. of vacancy - 8 posts
Salary - 23,741/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will conduct interviews at the study clinic WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing support to the project team for effective research WITHIN the guidelines of the research protocol and center values and guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Receive project assignment from Field Research Manager (FRM), attend training conducted by Field Research Manager (FRM) to understand project scope, questionnaire, methodology, timelines, and guidelines; convince respondents to provide consent and answers to the complete questionnaire; conduct electronic interview at the study clinic using desktop computers. Maintain records and prepare reports for updating the project activities; seek FRM's guidance to resolve issues in interacting with respondents and collecting data during interview.
- Team support: Maintain liaison among the different assessment and study implementation team; Share experience within team members regarding interviewing skills and participate in learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and relevant experience:
- H.S.C or Equivalent
- 2 years of experience in relevant field. Candidates having experience in conducting computer based interview will be given preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Tools, Methologies and Compilation
- Ethical Guidelines
- Field Activities and Training Management
- Managing Biological Sample
- IT Systems and Standard Application
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 12, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Matlab.