National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 05, 2019 Application deadline : February 12, 2019
Health Worker with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#33/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Health Worker with Maternal and Child Nutrition under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 6 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Matlab, Chandpur District.
No. of vacancy - 6 posts
Salary - 20,833/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will conduct interview at the household level with the objective of providing support to the project for effective research within the icddrb's guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Receive project assignment from the Field Research Officer; Attend training arranged for them to understand objective of the study, activities of the study, questionnaire, timelines, etc.; Visit participant's household; Identify eligible participants; Administer household questionnaire using tablet computer; Convince and motivate respondents to provide valid answers to complete the questionnaire; Complete the overall tasks with the supervision and guidance of the Field Research Officer in order to accomplish the objectives of the study.
- Team Support: Support the Field Research Manager/ Field Research Officer for executing activities related day-to-day tasks; Participate in regular team meeting arranged by the study team. Provide positive motivation and counseling to participants and family members to achieve the team objective according to study guideline and also share experience and learning within the team in order to reach the objectives.
Education and relevant experience:
- Minimum S.S.C pass.
- 1 year of experience in relevant areas.; Candidates having experience in conducting field interview using tablet computer will get preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Sample Collection Techniques
- Ethical guidelines
- Documentation and Record keeping
- Field Activities Management
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 12, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Matlab, Chandpur District.