National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 06, 2019 Application deadline : February 16, 2019
Field Research Manager with Universal Health Coverage under the Health System and Population Studies Division (Adv#36/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Manager with Universal Health Coverage under the Health System and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Gopalganj District
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 1,148,970/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, direct and conduct implementation of research activities WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF collecting relevant research data for creating knowledge WITHIN the guidelines of the research protocol; and organisational values and guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Organize and coordinate the planned activities i.e. recruit required staff, Ensure logistics support to the field; Organize data collection activities ; Visit field sites ; Liaison and coordination with GoB/MOHFW and other partners involved in project implementation; Supervision of field staff and make them understand the issues and challenges; Provide one-on-one feedback for staff for their development; Identify gaps on staff development and recommend refresher training program; Design training programs as per needs; Prepare budget, Develop modules and schedule; Conduct training in order to achieve the planned objectives through implementation of the projects.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Process Improvement: Develop evaluation and monitoring tools, questionnaires and data collection instruments for evaluation of projects; Prepare checklist to assure quality of data; Review existing tools and recommend for improvement; Analyse feedback and learning from projects on management issues (e.g. geographic considerations, timelines, challenges, demographic issues, practical issues for timelines across all studies); Identify gaps and areas for improvement; Discuss findings and share consolidated report with PI; Propose recommendations for modification and secure approval (e.g. checklist for protocol development, career planning process); Develop guidelines for implementation and related communication material; Guide team to implement changes; Monitor the status of technical requirement as agreed with the donor; Trouble shoot issues in order to ensure continuous progress monitoring and constantly improvise the project implementation processes.
- Resource Management: Resource Management: Track deployment of field staff across projects; monitor project completion dates and expiry of staff contracts; transfer of staff from one area to another based on project requirements; conduct performance evaluation of field staff; Discuss with Principal Investigator and seek feedback on project activities and staff management ; Coordinate with all administrative activities and support staff at field level; Organize and ensure all necessary supplies/logistics of the project i.e. transport, commodities in order to smooth functioning of the project activities.
- Strategic and Local Level Planning: Develop draft work plan in line with the objectives of projects; Coordinate with local level concerns to understand the merits and demerits of the work plan implementation; Submit final draft to Supervisor for review; Incorporate changes for finalization; Secure approval on the final work plan for implementation in order to achieve the highest result from the project.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Follow up on data entry work with data management team; Provide consultation in data cleaning job of data management team; Compile and analyse data ; Design reporting structure; Review and prepare final scientific report in order to ensure submission of project completion report to the donors
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Population Science / Sociology / Statistics / Anthropology /Public Health / Applied statistics with good academic records;
- At least 6 years of experience in health projects, priority will be given to those who have at least 3 years experience in health system or maternal and child health projects;
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- research methodologies and design
- Developing training manual and conduction training session
- Preparing Research Tools and Protocols
- Supervising Field Research Team and Monitor Quality of Data
- Investigation and Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Data collection, Analysis and Report Writing
- Manuscript writing and publish International Journal
- computer operations (MS Office, STATA, SPSS, SQL, Access, ODK).
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 16, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.