National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 10, 2019 Application deadline : February 17, 2019
Technical Assistant with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Adv#38/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Technical Assistant with Clinical under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 11 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 20,833/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Perform all tasks related to the cleaning and washing of lab ware including lab bench-tops with the objective of maintenance of the cleanliness of laboratories within the guidelines of Bio-safety & ISO.
- Cleaning and washing: Clean and wash all lab wares following the SOP manual used in the lab; Dry all lab wares in the specific ovens; Maintain & regulate temperature IN ORDER TO ensure cleaning and washing of lab supplies and equipments.
- Preparation of re-agents & primary specimens: Prepare different types of acid and solutions used in the washing of laboratory wares using the specific detergent required for washing particular lab wares; Process primary specimen of laboratory tests IN ORDER TO ensure uninterrupted preparation of re-agents and primary specimens.
- Organizing: Place all lab wares in specific places for easy retrival; Keep lab working places and adjacent areas clean and dry ovens refrigerators and shelves IN ORDER TO ensure quality of laboratory activities.
- Transportation of lab supplies: Take part in the activity for transportation of lab supplies, reagents and other items for place to place as required and helps the office manager IN ORDER TO ensure smooth operation of laboratory activities.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC Pass
- 1-2 year of experience in clinical microbiology and Immunology laboratory with relevant experience in the bio-safety field.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- SOP Manual
- Maintaining Cleanliness of Lab-wares
- Transportation of Labs Supplies & Re-agents
- ISO & Other Standard Bio-safety Procedure
- Laboratory Equipments
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.