National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 03, 2019 Application deadline : April 20, 2019
Senior Research Assistant with Climate Change and Health under the Health System and Population Studies Division (Adv#82/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Research Assistant with Climate Change and Health under the Health System and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 8 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 35,734/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, organize and implement qualitative and quantitative field research WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF conducting high-quality field research WITHIN the guidelines of the research protocols; and organisational values and guidelines.
- Support Project Implementation: Support project implementation (especially those related to climate change, environmental science or natural resource management); Assist to identify target locations / households for research study; Work plan development; Monitor activities and provide guidance, if required; Train implementation team to carry out implementation of intervention project across entire field site; supervise field data collection; secure informed consent from concerned authorities (e.g. community leaders, local government representations, religious leaders) about conducting the study; monitor field staff data collection activities and verify their quality of work.
- Research Concept and Protocol Development: Provide major research ideas in the field of environment, natural resource and climate change for protocol development; aid the development of protocols (especially those related to climate change, environmental science or natural resource management); Provide inputs on protocol and methodologies; Review protocol for adherence to research principles.
- Reporting and Technical Assistance: Provide necessary support to the data management team for any inconsistencies records; Prepare different types of report, power point presentation and documentation in order to develop a high-quality reporting system.
- Data Processing and Management: Organize and plan for analyzing survey and surveillance data under the guidance of researchers; maintain security of database; data backup in different types of media; prepare code plan, edit plan, range check and consistency check according to Research Investigator’s instruction and coordinate with data management and scientific staffs in order to ensure smooth data process and management for further research.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor in Environmental Science and Management/ Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering degree from any recognized university with good academic records
- At least 3 years of relevant experience. Experience may be relaxed up to 1 year in case of outstanding results or experience in Climate Change, Environment or Natural Resource Management.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Geographical Information System (GIS) for spatial data analysis.
- Budgeting and Expenditure Monitoring
- Research Publications
- Data Analysis
- Project Management
- Research Methodologies
- Scientific writing
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 20, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.