National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 11, 2019 Application deadline : April 16, 2019
Health Assistant with Programme for HIV and AIDS under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#96/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Health Assistant with Programme for HIV and AIDS under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 8 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka (Chiv field-site)
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 29,516/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Receive, register, examine and provide treatment to the selective patients (People who inject drugs) come through the Opioid Substitution Therapy (OST) Clinic with the objective of effective management of pateints within the national OST guideline and procedures of icddr,b.
- Project Administration: Receive and greet patients; Take history; Document details information; Carry out initial screening for enrolling OST Clients in order to provide excellent support to the OST patients as per guideline;
- Project Implementation: Dispense methadone as per treatment guidelines/ protocols; Check patients with signs of intoxication; Perform urine tests; Assist doctor / Nurse in treating abscess, provide medication, First aid services; Adhere strictly to the OST guideline during patient assessment; Prepare study related documentation maintaining the OST Guideline; Follow standard operating guideline in measurement of vital signs (weight, height etc) in order to ensure effective management of out patients department as per guideline;
- Training and Supervision: Arrange training for the newly hired health workers and outreach workers; Conduct the training program as per clinical standardization guideline on patient assessment, vital sign measurement, sample collection and documentation; Carry out post training evaluation on the improvement of performance of outreach workers; Supervise and monitor outreach workers as and when required in order to develop the performance of the staff.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organisation; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Assist supervisors to take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor Degree; Candidates with Diploma in Nursing may also apply.
- Should have minimum 1 year experience in relevant filed.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Ethical guidelines
- Investigation and analysis tools and techniques
- Clinical Counseling
- Patient care and satisfaction
- Hospital functioning
- IT systems and standard applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 16, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.