National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 15, 2019 Application deadline : April 23, 2019
Driver with the Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Internal#99/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver with the Enteric and Respiratory Infections of the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 year which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 284,890/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Drive vehicle to and from designated locations, maintain records of duty status and Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections with the objective of deliver quality & safe driving services to the staff within the guidelines icddr,b transport Unit rules & regulations/project requirements; and organisational values and guidelines.
- Routine Check-up of Vehicle:: Maintain a checklist before starting and closing of the vehicle on regular basis; Check assigned vehicle properly as per icddr,b rules of vehicle inspection before starting work and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle; Maintain all equipment allocated to the vehicle is complete and in good working order, including spare tyre and communications equipment (radios, satellite phones etc) before undertaking any journey in order to ensure safety of the assigned vehicle.
- Driving: Drive vehicles with caution ensuring safety of passengers; Drive any means of road transportation/vehicles for the project; Maintain safe use of the vehicle assigned to them; Abide by Bangladesh Highway Code Traffic Regulations; and also maintain of icddr,b driving rules and transport policies; Undertake only journeys that are authorized by the appropriate PIs/authorities; Operate controls for loading unloading of goods; Undertake irregular work schedules, long trips and be ready to perform in short notice for assignment of a trip; Handle all types of obstacles and equipment related to vehicles; Perform any other related functions assigned by the supervisor in order to ensure effective driving service to the assigned area.
- Maintenance of Vehicle: Perform maintenance check up of vehicle on a regular basis; Inform problems to the concerned personnel to take necessary measures; Drive heavy vehicle with identification and solve minor problems; Maintain the vehicle in proper working condition; Report all faults, maintenance needs and incidents/accidents to the concern person in order to ensure proper maintenance of vehicle for better performance.
- Log Book and Paper Work: Complete trip tickets, keep record of fuel consumption, run hour, mileage on regular basis; Maintain the vehicle log books and sheets on a regular basis; Update all necessary paperwork related to the vehicle (insurance, fitness etc. ) in order to ensure smooth operation and movements.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC Passed or equivalent; Educational qualification may be relaxed up to class VIII for highly experienced candidates.
- Minimum 3 years driving experience in any international organization/NGO; The incumbent must have valid driving license.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Standard driving practices;
- Automobile Engineering;
- BRTA Traffic Rules and Regulations;
- Basic/general automobile trouble shooting;
- Vehicle safety and control systems;
- Basic automobile maintenance procedures.
- Documentation and record keeping;
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 23, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.