National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : May 13, 2019 Application deadline : May 20, 2019
Clinical Trainer with SS of DED under the Support Services (Adv#135/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Clinical Trainer with SS of DED under the Support Services. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 11 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 100,056/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Sustain the design & development effort of Training of Technical Training Unit with the objective of ensuring high quality contents of clinical training programs and effective delivery of trainings and international standard training experience to the clinical professionals within the guidelines of the Technical Training Unit and organisational core values and guidelines.
- Planning and Organizing: Prepare and review budgets (revenue plan and expense etc.) in consultation with Senior Manager, Technical Training Unit (TTU); Coordinate allocation of resources for plan implementation; Conduct training needs identification & analysis based on present market demands and organization's competency framework; Create and finalize the annual training calendar in consultation with the Senior Manager, TTU; Analyze internal and external environment and provide inputs for developing the overall clinical training strategy; Derive functional implications from the Unit's overall strategy; Establish functional strategy for 3 years; Identify investments & resources required; Setup training plans and organize people, budgets and other resources to deliver on strategy in order to achieve the Technical Training Unit's strategic objectives.
- Training Design: Liaise with internal and external resources to develop content for clinical trainings; Design training curriculum for addressing clinical skills gap of the clinic personnel (internal and external) aligning with the competency-based development programs etc.; Assess in-house / external training capabilities; Identify external training partners if required for design and delivery in order to ensure high quality contents of clinical training programs
- Training Delivery: Identify and select internal and external trainers (if required); Invite nominations and finalize the list of participants; Send pre-training materials to the participants; Conduct training programs; Track attendance; Send post- training material to participants in order to ensure effective delivery of trainings and international standard training experience to the clinical professionals.
- Training Evaluation: Establish metrics for evaluating training effectiveness and efficiency; Review training metrics and feedback; Make necessary changes; Seek feedback from participants and evaluate effectiveness of training program; Track effectiveness feedback from managers; Report-out analysis to management including ROI (Return on Investment) in order to establish a continuous training evaluation process for decision and improvement.
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS with completed internship training,
- 5 Years of experience in the relevant field; Preference will be given to the General Practitioners (GPs) and/or have experience as a trainer in the relevant discipline.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Audio Visual aids
- Developing Curriculum and Training Module
- Interactive Training Process
- Organizing Training, Seminars and Workshops
- Updated and relevant clinical issues
- Training Design and Execution
- Training Need Analysis
- MS Office
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by May 20, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.