National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : May 14, 2019 Application deadline : May 25, 2019
Assistant Coordination Manager with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#137/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Assistant Coordination Manager with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 year which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 1,200,670/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
This position holder will be responsible to coordinate and execute administrative services for a large multi year grant implemented by icddr,b; utilize available resources and equipment; prepare the annual and forecast budget with the objective of enabling smooth operation of administrative functions of the division within the scope of the implementation plan and organizational values and guidelines.
- Office and Project Administration and Coordination: Coordinate with all the PI's for collecting and compiling reports, protocol information, SAG, KPIs, Annual Report, BoT information, other requirement based on the demand; Track project and office-related administrative requests (e.g. Budget, Procurement, Human Resources related issues); Liaise directly with service team (e.g. Finance, Supply Chain Management and HR) to execute request; Follow-up for completion of the above; Ensure day to day administrative and logistic support; Arrange meetings and field trips for PIs, researchers, etc.; Gather project-related information for the Division Director from different projects; Secure approvals from PI/RI for different agenda in order to smooth implementation of the project maintaining all compliance and procedure.
- Inventory and Resource Management: Organize and coordinate the planned activities i.e. recruit required staff, provide logistics support to the project and division; Capture fixed asset information (issue date, assigned user, assigned location, cost etc.) on procurement of fixed assets for the unit; Liaison with the procurement, finance and HR; Initiate procurement procedures for project equipment purchase, collect the accurate specification of the equipment and arrange accordingly through the Supply Chain Management in order to optimize utilization of the resources across all the research services.
- Requisition and Document Management: Process Non-stock and stock item requisition, transport requisition, air travel, maintenance etc.; Process expenditure bills and vouchers for reimbursement; Resolve escalated issues with Unit Head; Track the accuracy and closure of internal requisitions; Responsible for systematically maintaining the document management system in the internal Unit which includes hard copy and electronic filing - this includes filing for internal audits, audit reports, reports to various committees, maintenance of information on shared drive, budget, correspondences, etc. in order to process inter divisional request and retrieval of documents in an effective and efficient manner.
- Support to Division office: Provide administrative and management support to Division Director, PIs, Research Investigators and all other staff. Prepare budget and getting approval; budget forecasting for respective PIs/FPIs and submit in time; Track budget expenditure and prepare monthly variance analysis. Assist in preparation of documents for reporting to the BoT by Division Director. Arranging external review of research protocols for RRC/ERC approval and make payment to the reviewers, if required.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organisation; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Help setting goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Encourage young professionals and help prepare them for higher responsibilities; Identify high performers and recommend promotions; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters preferably from Business Administration major in Management, Finance or HRM with good academic record.
- 5 years of experience in related field. Candidates with experience in large organization and managing project with big budget will be given preference. Expertise in ERP operations is required.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- General Administrative Functions;
- Budgeting and Expenditure Monitoring Skills;
- Inventory Management;
- Procurement and Sourcing;
- Event Management ;
- Asset Management and Maintenance;
- Petty Cash Management;
- Research Publication Management;
- IT Services, Systems and Applications;
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by May 25, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.