icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders. icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of
Coordinator (Executive Assistant) to the Deputy Executive Director
The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 11 months, which may be extended and/or converted into fixed term contract for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Location : Dhaka
Purpose of the position :
Provide seamless high level secretarial and administrative support for the Deputy Executive Director. As a member of the Deputy Executive Office team, contributes to the overall efficient running of his Office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides full administrative and secretarial support for the DED (including preparing letters, emails and reports and diary management);
- Communicates with internal/external contacts including high ranking officials, on behalf of the DED, including drafting and editing of standard correspondence;
- Screens and prioritizes incoming communications and workflow, determines routing for action, and ensures logging (for official correspondence) and rigorous follow-up;
- Assists with the DED’s internal and external communications and correspondence; Drafts reports, letters and written communication and ensures appropriate filing;
- Prepares DED travel and provides dedicated logistical support during DED travel;
- Ensures DED is prepared for major engagement including planning logistics, compiling briefings and builds strong, harmonious working relationships with colleagues and external contacts as required;
- Ensures proper maintenance and retrieval system of DED’s records (paper and electronic), including diligent management of an extensive contact database;
- Anticipates and pro-actively plans for future DED engagements and needs;
- Integrates a complicated DED work and travel schedule with personal scheduling;
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the DED as required;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the DED during Board meetings on icddr,b-related issues;
- Supports external meetings and events (e.g., meetings with Government and high ranking officials) as required;
- Provide personal assistance to DED whenever required.
Note: The essential functions listed are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- A first level university degree is essential; An advanced level University degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) is desirable. Academic qualification may be relaxed in the case of highly experienced candidates.
Work experience :
- Significant career in secretarial/administrative field showing of progressively responsible work, including directly supporting a Head/CEO of a large private or public sector firm/organization for at least 5 years;
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to a complex administrative and organizational environment;
- Experience working in multiple countries/international environment an asset.
- High performer with a proven track record of operating in a high-pressure environment with tight timelines and often under extreme confidentiality;
- Advanced secretarial and administrative skills, with strong written and oral communications;
- Technology savvy, ability to work across multiple platforms;
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently, as well as judgement to know when to seek guidance;
- Ability to multitask, tracking and managing many active priorities in parallel; Judgement to prioritize between multiple important tasks but not drop other tasks;
- Organized and structured, good planner, with a high level of attention to detail;
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed during peak periods or during urgent situations. An ethos to do what it takes;
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic abilities and cultural sensitivity to engage stakeholders. Understanding of protocol highly desirable;
- As an external face of icddr,b, ability to generate respect;
- Demonstrated team player, with ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships. Openness to share openly when appropriate but discretion to protect sensitive information;
- Pro-active, with an ability to anticipate and address DED needs;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- icddr,b Board members;
- Donors countries and governments;
icddr,b is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Salary: Tk. 2,13,447/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible. Salary may be determined based on capacity.
Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled