National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 12, 2020 Application deadline : February 19, 2020
Senior Data Management Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#24/2020)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Data Management Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - PEI field sites
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 428,810/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, organize and manage routine data processing of surveillance and survey data; Supervise and monitor data management activities with the objective of supporting quality research within the guidelines of research protocol; and organizational values and guidelines.
- Data Management, Editing and Reporting: Plan and organize routine data entry of the project; Administer all kinds of data forms; Monitor data management activities; Maintain security of field data and questionnaire; Prepare code plan; Check consistency of data; Clean data; Work with supervisor for data analysis and prepare documentation of data set; Develop/design the software for data entry related works; Prepare graphs/slides for reports and presentations; Create script of the database; Download data periodically received from the field; Check the data for errors in consultation with field staff; Add the data into the database; Take corrective action as directed by supervisor in order to retrieve data and provide cleaned versions to supervisor.
- Data Processing: Reconcile the double entry data; Seek assistance of supervisor to conduct the reconciliation properly; Crosscheck the data entered in the database with the original data forms to find out inconsistency of data; Strikeout the wrong data in the hard copies of data forms in order to provide and process error free data for the purpose of further analysis and research activity.
- Coordination and training: Facilitate and arrange training to develop skills of concern staff members on data management system; Prepare documentation and maintain communication with related field staffs; Raise inconsistencies to supervisor and take action as directed in order to smooth running of project activities and prevent accidental data loss.
- Team Support: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity among team members and in the organization, encourage team members to collaborate across areas, Guide team members on completion of tasks, activities, reports and documents; Mentor and train staff on-the-job in the field; Provide feedback to supervisor on team members’ performance; Share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline;
- 3 years working experience in data entry and data management.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Software / application development
- IT security
- IT standards and regulations
- Data management and analysis
- IT systems and standard applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 19, 2020. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.