International employment opportunities
Posted on : November 04, 2021 Application deadline : Until filled
HEAD, FUND-RAISING (Adv#170/2021)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation.
HEAD, FUND-RAISING, DHAKA
Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Head, Fund-Raising with the Development under the Office of Executive Director. icddr,b offers internationally competitive remuneration package at UN equivalent P3 level paid in US Dollars. The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a higher National Officer level (NOE) according to skills and experience. The appointment will be made on a fixed-term basis initially for one (1) year which is renewable depending on the performance and availability of funds.
The Head, Fund-Raising will report to Executive Director and will be responsible for enhancement of fund raising strategy for icddr,b effectively through identify and win new grants, manage existing grants, maintain effective donor relationship with the objective of ensuring increased and consistent inflow of existing, core and new grants within the organizational strategic guidelines and policies i.e. Institutional Governance Framework.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE :
The Head of Fund-Raising, will :
Develop highly competitive fund-raising strategy for bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, grant making organizations
- a). Deliver applications that communicate our vision, strategy, and programs to potential funders
- b). Research grant opportunities and support the development of high-quality proposals in line with strategic priorities
- c). Steward donors on behalf of icddr,b and develop engagement opportunities that include prospects
- d). Coordinate day-to-day processes to ensure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner, recommend changes, ensure fundraising deliverables meet quality standards
- e). Provide advice on project, programme, and contract design, donor rules and regulations
- f). Advise and assist icddr,b colleagues with proposal development, contract negotiations, and donors reporting
- g). Coordinate and provide input on the development of fundraising strategies, policies and procedures, taking into account best practice to realize the overall icddr,b fundraising strategy.
- h). Develop engagement opportunities with prospects and donors.
- i). Support the exchange of information and learning in a community of fundraisers
- j). Develop, maintain and implement systems that include workflows, processes, controls and documentation; including record keeping in
- k). Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by providing proactive and ad hoc support where necessary
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following :
University degree in International Relations, other political, economic or social science disciplines, or other relevant fields
- 1). Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience including experience in fundraising, project development, proposal writing and contract negotiations with a strong focus on institutional donors and foundations
- 2). Strong knowledge of the international development sector and institutional funding (governments, US, EU, UN and other multilaterals)
- 3). Experience of leading on successful international NGO project proposals to institutional and foundation donors (contracting and tender experience also valuable)
- 4). Solid understanding of donor funding procedures, rules and regulations, including financial budgeting and reporting
- 5). Strong internal communication and relationship-building skills to understand funding needs and to work efficiently and cooperatively to build winning proposals
- 6). Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to produce engaging fundraising materials
- 7). Excellent organisational and planning skills with strong attention to detail, capable of working under pressure and meeting demanding goals; setting, forecasting and achieving financial and non-financial targets
- 8). Demonstrated experience of working with CRMs and analysing and reporting on donor data to identify trends, produce reports
- 9). High level of ambition and drive; ability to translate opportunities into practical plans of action and work proactively using own initiative
- 10). Ability to critically reflect on work and processes and adjust to ensure high performance
- 11). Excellent communication, presentation and strong networking skills to maintain and develop relationships with existing and prospective donors
- 12). Professional language proficiency in English is essential; other languages are highly desirable
Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.