National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : August 31, 2017 Application deadline : September 13, 2017
Research Officer with Clinical Stream of Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Re-adv#263/2017)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Officer with Clinical Stream of Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on a fixed-term basis for 02 year, which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 513,420/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
This position holder will have responsibility of Planning, organizing, performing and implementing qualitative laboratory diagnostic services with the objective of conducting high-quality lab services within the guidelines of SOP/protocols and organizational values. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics: Perform routine laboratory tests and assays in accordance with approved SOP and keep records; Develop and validate new microbial, immunological and molecular tests as per Lab requirement; Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment for their optimum operation and perform minor trouble shooting; Prepare controls, calibrators, reagents and chemicals and maintain log.; Prepare requisition for stock and non-stock lab supplies and keep updated records.; Identify need and assist in development of SOP to comply with ISO 15189 standard.; Prepare list of requisition for stock/non-stock laboratory reagent and consumable. Assure appropriate bio-safety measures in the assigned laboratory during testing; Discard bio hazardous materials in Hypo-chrolide;; Discard waste material in bio-hazard bag for autoclaving and incineration; Report results, maintaining strict confidentiality in order to carry out clinical laboratory diagnostics services effectively.
- Quality Assurance: Review and update quality assurance manual; Train newly hired staff and lab technician on bio-safety procedures in order to protect person to person transmission of infection; Check adherence to quality assurance processes from collection to reception by the laboratory in order to monitor adherence to quality guidelines in laboratory test processes and results.
- Maintenance of Equipment, Bio-Safety and Bio-Security: Maintain temperature log for sample and investigational products freeze and fridge as well as main temperature log in transit through cool box; contact with bio-medical engineering for maintenance works of medical equipments; control temperature as per guidelines in order to ensure proper maintenance and use of equipments with safety and security.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Microbiology/Biotechnology with good academic record.
- 03 years of working experience in clinical microbiology and immunology laboratory techniques.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Automated Equipment of Medical Laboratory
- Performing microbiological and immunogical tests ( ELISA, PCR )
- Interpretation of Medical Test Results
- Instrument Principles, Reagent Mechanisms
- Laboratory Standards (e.g. ISO)
- Biohazards, Biosecurity and Biosafety Requirements
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Regulatory Requirements
- Laboratory IT Systems
- Inventory Management Guidelines and Tools
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 13, 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.