National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 11, 2018 Application deadline : March 20, 2018
Programme Manager, Coordination with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#73/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Programme Manager, Coordination with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 1,348,820/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan and coordinate of Screening Centres (SCs), Prepare detailed M&E plan, budget, workplan and select suitable indicators for programme evaluation, administration and communication support to the SCs and Projects WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF effective delivery, administer and support of all type of planned projects activities WITHIN the guideline of research activity projects and organizational values and guidelines of GFATM project protocol.
- Planning and Organizing: Prepare plans for each activity of the Programmes; Set timelines and milestones for the team; Cascade targets in line with division's strategic plan; Prepare and review budgets (revenue, expense etc.); Resolve any queries, review the work plan periodically, Allocate resources for plan implementation of the project in order to ensure a road map for achieving the overall project objectives in an effective and efficient manner.
- Programme Administration and Coordination: Coordinate with NTP other donors for various aspects of the project ( proposal submission, project contracts, MOU, budget etc.); supervise and monitor field activities; Guide and provide assistance to the team members regarding implementation of planned activities; Coordinate with various functions for timely procurement of resources and materials as per project plan (such as manpower, instruments / tools, laptops etc.); supervise and monitor distribution of logistics, provide training to the field team; Liaise with Human Resources for contract renewals; Periodically report progress to NTP for donor reporting; Ensure the response from the donor query/conditions while project implementation; Followup study activities and provide data and feedback to the supervisor regarding any study conducted among identified TB patients in order to implement the project in an effective and efficient manner.
- Project Control and Review: Review the progress of case finding activities in each of the Screening Centers (SCs) periodically and seek clarification; Monitor monthly progress against work plan; Review programmatic reports, conduct monitoring visit and review the performance of on site field staff and partner agencies; Coordinate with partner agencies and NGOs to resolve any quires in order to maintain compliance of the donor.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Conduct detail data analysis (qualitative and quantitative); Coordinate with data management team to conduct scientific analysis; Receive periodical reports and formative data from SCs; Coordinate with data management team by providing information and data regarding case detection, management,treatment outcome; Ensure periodic report to donor and stakeholders in order to ensure the compliance of the work plan.
- People Management: Conduct technical and/or behavioral interviews as and when required; Hire team members when vacancy arises within the team; Deploy action items for competency development of the team members; Adhere to gender diversity guidelines of the organization; Provide for an equitable environment for the development and growth of all team members; Direct and guide team leaders on resolving member complaints; Set goals, conduct appraisals and confront poor performance in a positive manner; Identify, mentor and reward high performers; Organize training of team members; Recommend performance appraisals in order to maintain people management process.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Public Health; Candidate with Business Administration will be considered as an added advantage.
- 6 years of experience. Candidates will be preferred who have experience in TB research/programme implementation.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Procurement and Sourcing
- Regulatory Compliances
- Research Publications
- IT Systems and standard Applications
- Scientific writing
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 20, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.