National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 12, 2018 Application deadline : March 20, 2018
Field Research Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#76/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 11 posts
Salary - 26,900/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Data collection, checking consistency, monitor and cooperate in field research activities with the objective of collecting relevant research data for building scientific knowledge within the guidelines of the research protocol, organizational values, and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Project Implementation: Understand project protocol and data collection techniques from Assistant Scientist (AS), Research Investigator (RI), Field Research Officer (FRO); develop activity plans under guidance of AS/RI/FRO and communicate the plans with the Senior Field Assistant, Field Assistants and Field Attendants; conduct follow up visits after patient enrollment; conduct structured observation; Guide new FRAs on study methods; Demonstrate how to conduct interviews to team members. Guide new FRAs on study methods; Demonstrate how to conduct interviews to team members;; review questionnaire, carry out validation interview, check data for accuracy, compile and prepare progress report; arrange to provide administrative and logistic support to the field staff, maintain effective liaison with community, team members, partner NGO and other stakeholders in order to collect, test and analysis data related to the research project.
- Monitoring and Supervision: Supervise and monitor data collection activities of field staffs, quality checking of data at the field, ensure data quality thorough direct observation, validate and observation of certain percentage of interview, perform field visits and conduct regular meeting with the staff at field in order to capture qualitative data and information for analysis.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; encourage team members to collaborate across areas; address and resolve any diversity related issues; take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating performance improvement plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in relevant field; experience with WASH and mHealth will get preferred.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Knowledge on Notebook operation
- Knowledhe of supervising data collection
- conducting training program
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 20, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.