National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 12, 2018 Application deadline : March 20, 2018
Field Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#77/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
Salary - 18,987/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Plan, organize and implement quantitative and qualitative field research with the objective of conducting high-quality field research following guidelines of the research protocols; and organizational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Data and Sample Collection: Screening study subjects and their households; collection of information from the study participants and identify environmental features. Recording GPS data for study households and anthropocentric measurements of study participants; fill out a brief questionnaire before collecting information; and collect stool and water samples as required for the study in order to cooperate in data and sample collection activities.
- Sample Transportation and Preservation: Preserve collected samples as per the study protocol after collection in the field; transport the collected samples from field sites to the Dhaka hospital of icddr,b on time; maintain a register book for sample collection, transportation and preservation in order to maintain smooth sample transportation and preservation.
- Study Logistics, Hardware Distribution and Maintenance: Understand study objectives and guidelines, work with Field Research Assistants and Sr. Administrative Officer for hardware and logistics storage, carry hardware to study sites for maintenance if required; keep records for hardware and study product; track and maintain log sheet for hardware and logistic at field offices in order to ensure smooth field implementation within set timeline.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC pass or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in in relevant field.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Regulatory Compliances
- Field Activities Management
- Project Management
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 20, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.