National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 13, 2018 Application deadline : March 22, 2018
Field Research Officer with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#80/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Officer with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 6 posts
Salary - Annual Tk. 513,420/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
The Field Research Officer will lead all activities in the field, serving as the primary supervisors of the field research assistants administering study questionnaires, and liaison to research investigator regarding all field matters. Amongst the FRO essential functions will be ensuring consistency and quality of questionnaire administration and documentation in the field, quality control and facilitating the identification of possible study participants of the study. Additionally, FROs will lead the processing of all questionnaire data checking, sport resurvey, Tab/smartphone of data management, and facilitate other information dissemination efforts in study communities.
- Project Implementation: Understand research protocol and data collection techniques; Train field staff on data collection methods specific to the project; Provide instruction and guidance to field staff during project implementation; Supervise and monitor the interview conduction by field; essential functions will be ensuring consistency and quality of questionnaire administration and data checking, maintain liaison with IT department to ensure quality data; Maintain proper communication with field team and laboratory activities; Team management; maintain good relations with all study teams as well as community participants. Follow up sample processing mechanism in accordance with Research team in order to cooperate project implementation process.
- Project Administration: Coordinate with administration team to ensure supply of logistics at field sites; Coordinate with team, and other external partners for deployment of personnel and resources to field sites in order to support project execution.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organisation; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Mentor young professionals and prepare them for higher responsibilities; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor in any discipline
- 3 years of experience in related field. Candidate will be preferred with experience in Tab and GIS operation in a reputed organization.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Method and Analysis
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- GPS machine operation and Data Capture, GIS Map Operation
- Field Activities Management
- IT Systems and Standard Applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 22, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.