National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : September 13, 2017 Application deadline : September 19, 2017
Research Assistant with LSSD Special Activities under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division (Internal#268/2017)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Assistant with LSSD Special Activities under the Laboratory Sciences and Services Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 322,800/ inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
This position holder will have responsibility of Processing and analyzing food samples according to SOP;, maintaining all documents related to ISO 17025 guideline and inventory of laboratory chemicals and media with the objective of conducting high-quality lab research within the guidelines of organizational values. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below.
- Waste Management: Receive biohazard waste materials from other research laboratory, weighing and checking; All waste materials are autoclaved properly and dispose according to the proper guideline of waste management and Keep the record in computer
- Maintenance of Equipments: Ensure and perform in-house maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment according to maintenance plan and contact with bio-medical engineering for major troubleshooting and maintenance works; keep legitimate records in order to ensure proper maintenance and safe and appropriate use of equipments to yield quality results of testing using optimal resources.
- Media Preparation: Prepare different type of microbiological culture media according to the SOP as instructed by the Manager and supply to users as per requirements in order to maintain qualitative service of the Lab.
- People Management: Train subordinate staff in receiving biohazard waste, maintain cleanliness following bio-safety procedures and quality aspects as per ISO standard as well as laboratory waste disposal activities in order to increase efficiency of employees.
Education and relevant experience:
- Diploma/B. Sc in Laboratory Technology
- 3 years of experience in Media preparation and Waste management
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Bio-hazard, Bio-safety and waste Management
- Operation of Equipment Maintenance
- Autoclaving machine Usage and Testing Method
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Laboratory IT Systems
- Media usages and requirements
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 19, 2017. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.