National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : January 29, 2018 Application deadline : February 17, 2018
Senior Statistical Officer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#27/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Statistical Officer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 year which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 649,540/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Maintain and organize strong statistical data management system; Process routine statistical data and data management work of surveillance and survey; Supervise data management activities; Maintain security of database with the objective supporting the PI in writing scientific report and manuscripts within the extent of organizational values and guidelines.
- Data Processing and Management: Organize and plan routine statistical data processing and data management work; Maintain security of database; Analyse quantitative data using uni-variate and multivariate techniques; Monitoring and evaluation of interventions; Identify and apply appropriate sampling scheme and study design for surveys and interventions respectively; Preparing of coding instructions; Development of cleaned and matched data files and consistency check according to supervisor’s instruction and coordinate with data management and scientific staffs IN ORDER TO ensure smooth data processing and management for further research.
- Maintenance of continuous process and feedback system: Control the process for ensuring good quality of data collection tool and devices; Provide all sorts of technical support to data collectors; Program error detecting tools for identifying missing/wrong data and devising appropriate solutions as part of continuous effort IN ORDER TO establish a strong data management system.
- Reporting and Technical Assistance: Provide necessary support to the data management team for any inconsistencies records; Prepare different types of report, power point presentation, and documentation IN ORDER TO develop a high-quality reporting system.
- Scientific Analysis and Knowledge Creation: Analyse and conduct statistical / mathematical modeling on the research data; Writing manuscript; Resolve queries and issues related to statistical analysis IN ORDER TO prepare high quality manuscripts and reports by the research team.
- Research Concept Development: Develop research methods and tools in consultation with the PI; Resolve queries/questions related to the soundness of statistical methodologies IN ORDER TO enhance acceptance of new research concept to the global scientific community.
- Supervision: Guide Data Management Team to keep and improve the performance of the team; Train data collection team on newly developed data collection tools; Organize review meetings IN ORDER TO maintain perfect data-flow system.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Statistics or Bio-statistics or Applied Statistics with good academic records.
- 5 years of experience in relevant field.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Statistical approaches used in public health research, including study design, sampling design, regression analysis with mixed variables
- Developing and facilitating training on statistics and/or statistical software
- Independent writing capacity for publication;
- Statistical programming languages including STATA, R and SPSS
- Strong sophisticated data analysis skills
- Distance learning module and material preparation to train researchers
- identify cause and source of problems and resolve the problems;
- IT especially good understanding about relational database
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.