National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 07, 2018 Application deadline : February 17, 2018
Administrative Assistant with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#35/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 year which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 390,800/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Provide logistics support, organize different events, raise different kinds of requisitions, assist in preparing different budgets, facilitate different payment processes, maintain different documents and prepare reports with the objective of providing efficient administrative and financial support support to researchers within the guidelines of research protocol and organisational values and guidelines.
- Project Administration: Understand the logistical requirements (resources and timelines) from PIs; Check existing inventory required for the project; Coordinate with other administrative officers / field research managers for inter-allocation of resources; Coordinate with external vendors for logistical requirements; Organize training/ seminars and workshops (contact with the participants and resource persons, venue selection, perdiem, invitation, food, audiovisual etc.) and Raise requisitions for transport, procurement of materials, air travel, HR in order to ensure smooth administrative and logistics support to the research staff of the project.
- Project Coordination: Prepare draft budgets, financial reports and invoices; Coordinate with Finance department for facilitating payments; Track invoices; Scrutinize and process utility bills and other courier services bills etc; Prepare voucher against lease/tenancy agreement; Process local conveyance and lodging bills; Process transfer bills for payment to individual bank accounts and also process for getting approval of bills and vouchers from the financial authority in order to ensure smooth error free payment process for the projects.
- Documentation support: Keep track and maintain necessary administrative and financial documents; Provide monthly reports, quarterly reports, workshop reports and provide assistance in progress report preparation; Review and check the monthly cost report and report to supervisor about budget provision and cost variance in order to ensure smooth flow of information in management decision making.
Education and relevant experience:
- Graduation from any discipline; Preferably BBA with major in Finance.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Standard Financial Policies, Process and Reporting Guidelines
- Administrative Function
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Vendor management.
- Event Management
- Logistics Management
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.