National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 07, 2018 Application deadline : February 14, 2018
Technician, AC with Supply Chain and Facilities Management under the Corporate Services (Adv#36/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Technician, AC with Supply Chain and Facilities Management under the Corporate Services. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 322,800/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Repair,Instal and maintain of AC's and all other associated equipment WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF efficient functioning of icddr,b AC system maintaining quality of output of the equipment WITHIN the guidelines of the Facilities Management Services and organizational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Operation & Maintenance works: Perform operatative , preventative and periodical maintenance of AC system as per schedule; clean and maintain of all AC's /refrigerators and related all kinds of goods, equipment & all other associated accessories; repair AC/Refrigertors equipments in different places within the organization; respond to queries and issues regarding equipments condition; respond to calls on weekends, holiday if requires. maintain and carryout roster duty independently; take part with the EEU team in any AC maintenance, up gradation of equipment, installation in order to ensure smooth maintenance; service of all AC's, Air handling unit(AHU), Fan coil unit( FCU), Electrical Riser room, Chiller plant and any other duties assigned by supervisor/s
- Electrical Works: Understand and Perform electrical wiring of HVAC plant and related electrical equipment; participate as a team member and lead the team for any kind of electrical works; Keep updated knowledge on electrical sub-station, power distribution system from DB board to equipment; perform electrical connection of 03 phase power line in different motor & distribution board.
- Reporting: Prepare and submit regular maintenance and checked report to the Supervisor containing activities performed daily/weekly/month basis; coordinate the installation of new equipment by the vendor; receive materials and training from the vendor on how to maintain the new equipment, if required; calibrate and test the new equipment after installation in order to apprise supervisor of activities completed.
Education and relevant experience:
- SSC pass with trade course in Electrical / Air Conditioning
- 05 years working experience on Air-conditioning and refrigerator operation, maintenance
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Operation and maintenance on electrical equipment
- Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC system of Vehicles
- Repair and maintenance on Airconditioning equipment
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 14, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.