National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 11, 2018 Application deadline : February 15, 2018
Field Research Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#40/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 4 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Sylhet
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 26,900/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Identify survey respondents and collect data with the objective of supporting research studies within the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Project Implementation: Understand Project protocol and data collection techniques from Research Investigator (RI) and Field Research Officer, develop activity plans under guidance of RI and communicate the plans with the Health Worker and volunteer, frequent visit to the doctors and pharmacists for ensuring their contribution to the Screening Centres (SCs), monitor the activities of the SCs staff, carry out validation interview, check data for accuracy, compile and prepare progress report, arrange to provide administrative and logistic support to the field staff, maintain effective liaison with community, team members, partner NGOs and other stakeholders, assessment of skill and practices of health service providers in order to collect, test and analysis data related to the research project;
- Team Support: Jointly work on planning, scheduling and monitoring follow-up activities of study participants, collecting biological specimens and transporting samples with proper storage condition from field site to the centre, helping the senior colleagues in the Laboratory and maintaining good communication with different officers and staf, share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelors degree in any discipline with good academic records;
- 3 years of experience in field research activities, however, prior experience in tuberculosis research will be preferred;
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Ethical Guidelines
- Data Collection method
- Field Activities Management
- Specimen Sample Handling and Transportation
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 15, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.