National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 11, 2018 Application deadline : February 17, 2018
Health Worker with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#41/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Health Worker with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 4 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Chittagong (4 posts) and Sylhet (2 posts)
No. of vacancy - 6 posts
Salary - 18,987/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Collect, preserve, process and run GeneXpert machines, different biological samples with the objective of providing support to the laboratories for effective diagnostics and research within the laboratories guidelines.
- Team Support: Maintain liaison among the team and other stakeholders in the assigned areas, inform patients about date of collection of reports or possible changes in dates as per the study protocol, share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team;
- Patient and Field Management: Follow up patients and report on regular basis, maintain records and collect information to prepare reports in order to update project activities as per guidelines;
- Project Implementation: Ensure quality diagnosis and effective communication with doctors at icddr,b, patient handling in the TB Screening centres, patient screening, collection of sputum samples from patient in hospital/screening centres and carry in the laboratory, perform Genexpert and other test in order to execute activities in accordance with research protocol.
Education and relevant experience:
- HSC passed or equivalent, however, candidates having Diploma in laboratory medicine will be given preference;
- 2 years of experience in the relevant field, however, candidates having prior experience in dealing with the TB patients would be given preference;
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Ethical Guidelines
- Health research activities specially on tuberculosis
- Collecting sputum samples from presumptive patients
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 17, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.