National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 13, 2018 Application deadline : February 22, 2018
Senior Field Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#46/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Field Assistant with Enteric and Respiratory Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 7 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - ERI-field-sites
No. of vacancy - 7 posts
Salary - 21,637/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Screening of study subjects, help patient assessment and records, consent, operate smartphone, motivate patients and guardian for enrollment WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF providing support to the project team for effective research WITHIN the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Disease Surveillance Data Collection: Identification of study patient and taking written consent from the study participants, interviewing the patient through a detailed questionnaire regarding demographic, socioeconomic status, medical history and previous therapy received, taking anthropometric measurement and backup all the data in smartphone based android software. Update Record Management System; Escalate issues / discrepancies to the Supervisor; Take corrective action as directed by supervisor in order to retrieve data for further use in the research activity.
- Field visit: Scheduled visit to Dhaka from duty station for logistic transportation. Receive the patient during outbreak or study need; Transport the logistics to the field site in order to enable field reaserch activities properly.
- Filing and Documentation: Keeping records of every single activity related to the study; Archiving the source documents of the studies; Seeking advice from the Supervisor in case of any problem and escalating difficult cases to the Supervisor to find out a solution along with documentation. Organize and preserve different official papers and office records; Seek advice from the Supervisor in case of any problem; Escalate difficult cases to the Supervisor to find out a solution in order to maintain an effective filing and documentation for further use of records and verifications.
Education and relevant experience:
- HSC pass or equivalent.
- 03 years of experience in relevant field. Candidates having experience in working in district hospital and potential knowledge on smartphone based android software will be prefered.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Ethical Guidelines
- Hospital Based Disease Surveillance
- Geographic Information Systems
- Socio-demographic Data Collection
- Able to Working With Partner Organization.
- Smartphone Based Android Software
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 22, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.