National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 07, 2018 Application deadline : March 24, 2018
Programmer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division (Adv#67/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Programmer with Maternal and Neonatal Health under the Maternal and Child Health Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 2 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 649,540/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Capable of developing data capture software in different platform like Windows and Android. Perform development work such as coding, testing, debugging and updating applications, perform back-end administrative tasks related to icddr,b’s applications including backup restore, maintain websites and provide advanced software support to users with the objective of providing smooth IT application support to icddr,b within the strategy of centre and organisational values and guidelines.
- Software Application and Database: Design and implement data capture system for mobile device; Coordinate with the Data management team for smooth functioning of data management works, Design/review appropriate layout/screen for the questionnaire; Develop error detection tools; Finalize the process-flow / programming logic for each problem; Prepare detailed technical document of the design; Coding and debugging ; Set up test and production environment, test developed applications and perform back-end administrative tasks.Provide training to the end users in order to develop appropriate and organizational standard software application for centre.
- Testing: Install the developed program on smartphone / Android Device for testing purposes; Conduct trial tests to check for robustness of the program of other programmers and check for accuracy; Prepare report highlighting the errors and Correct the errors found in order to make error-free programs.
- IT Support: Provide training to the end users develop appropriate and organizational standard software application for centre; Collect feedback from users on existing software for any changes required; Make necessary changes; Provide continuous support for user queries in order to ensure smooth operation and continual improvement of the software application.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and / or Computer Science & Engineering with good academic records;
- 1 years of experience in software development domain in a reputed organisation; • Must have knowledge in developing application in Android platform, NoSQL Database and knowledge in ASP .NET, C#, Web API, JAVA, Java Script, Laravel, PostGresSQL, SQLite; • Very good knowledge and skill of writing computer programs independently; Ability to solve programming, database and software related problems. • Extensive Field visit would be required;
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Centre / Service Requirements
- Software/Application Development
- System Integration
- System and Network Administration
- IT Security
- IT Application Maintenance
- IT Documentation
- IT Standards and Regulations
- Budgeting and Expenditure Monitoring
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 24, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.