National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 13, 2018 Application deadline : March 19, 2018
Dietician with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division (Adv#78/2018)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dietician with Hospitals under the Nutrition and Clinical Services Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 year which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
Salary - Annual Tk. 513,420/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
The position holder will Visit patients in the wards and assess their dietary requirement; Visit kitchen and supervising prepare food and diet with the objective of ensuing proper dietary guideline implementation within the SOP of Hospital Diet Management.
- Diet and ORS Preparation: Raise diet requisition through system and accept it and give print out to cook for preparing food and another print for attendant for smooth distribution of diet in different wards; Measure liquid diets, such as milk suji, rice suji, infant formula, for relevant wards usually every 2-3 hours, serve freshly measured and cooked foods to maintain quality; Measure different study diet; Keep vigilance of rice ORS packet supply, preparation and distribution by health workers in order to prepare diet and ORS as per guideline.
- Diet Counselling: Give short round to different wards and take over from health workers of above areas about patients feeding problems;educate and motivate mothers of sick babies to correct feeding practices; Allocate diet to the new cases that got admission in Wards at night; Attend ward round with physicians and carryout the diet orders according to protocol;Impart dietary advice to discharged patients specially the P.D. and PEM cases of respective ward and referred cases from study ward, general wards and also from other institution and hospitals;Promote breastfeeding, re-lactation and helping mothers to feed breast milk in order to ensure proper diet counselling and promotion of breastfeeding.
- Supervise Kitchen and diet supplies: Procure raw food items such as rice, rice powder, egg, bone free chicken, lentil, once or twice a week as per requirement and to preserve properly to maintain quality and measure and keeping the records of received items in different register for maintaining accountability;Supervise the general kitchen administration in absence of Senior Dietitian and keeping vigilance on cleaning and tiding the utensils and equipment;Supervise weekly through cleaning of all kitchen utensils and equipment including refrigerator, food trolley, etc.Keep vigilance of patients (adults) diet, attendants diet cooking and distribution (quality and quantity). Supervise health workers and others. Maintain inventory in order to ensure effective management of patients came through outpatient department as per the icddr,b Hospital guideline.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality in support of diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Conducting review training of feeding team health workers;Participating in practical sessions of national training courses;Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team;Leadership qualities with motivational expertise; Excellent managerial capabilities for managing subordinates; Acceptable level of influence within the assigned areas. Conduct monthly review meetings and encourage team to share experiences for knowledge transfer in order to manage team efficiently.
Education and relevant experience:
- Master's in Food Technology / Nutrition Science
- 3 years relevant experience is required. Candidate having experience in hospital's dietary management will get preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Planning and designing therapeutic diets
- Motivational skill to correct feeding practices
- Assessment of nutritional status and special dietary requirements
- Kitchen supplies and materials
- Dietary counseling and advising
- Diet Chart preparation
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 19, 2018. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.