International employment opportunities
Posted on : January 23, 2019 Application deadline : Until filled
Project Manager for ERP Implementation (Adv#14/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications for hiring a consultant position as Project Manager for ERP Implementation at icddr,b’s headquarters in Dhaka, Bangladesh. icddr,b offers an internationally competitive remuneration which will be paid in US Dollars. The appointment will be made on a consultancy basis for 11 months which is renewable based on the needs of the project and the performance of the consultant. The consultant will report to the Chairman of the ERP Project Steering Committee.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
The current system, comprises finance, HR, procurement and research administration modules, which has been customised multiple times considering different needs of icddr,b is becoming obsolete and needs to be urgently replaced.
- Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chair of the Steering Committee, the Project Manager will be responsible for: Day to day management of project such as tolerance for cost, time, quality and risks; Project plan and monitor the progress with implementation partners; providing regular reports Update project plan, capture and examine issues and risks and take corrective actions; Prepare Project Initiating Document, risk register and exception report, daily logs and lessons log.
Education and relevant experience:
- Applicants should have a master’s degree in IT/Project/Business Management.
- 8 years experience, managed at least 2 full successful ERP implementations as Lead Project Manager at least with integrated finance, HR, procurement business processes/modules with Microsoft/SAP ERP systems and, be PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner certified
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Software/Application Development
- Database Designing and Maintenance
- Application Maintenance
- IT Standards and Regulations
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
- Project Management skill
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org untill the position is filled. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.