National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 04, 2019 Application deadline : February 12, 2019
Research Fellow with Non-Communicable Diseases under the Health System and Population Studies Division (Adv#28/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Fellow with Non-Communicable Diseases under the Health System and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on fellowship basis for 1 year which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Objective: Conduct scientific research into public health issues, support development of successful proposals, jointly work with literature search and data analysis, implement research protocols, coach other team members with the objective of generating knowledge from research evidence within the strategy of centre and organisational values and guidelines.
Particulars of the fellowship are as follows:
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Protocol Development: Create detailed research design and methodology to achieve the study objectives; Estimate requirements for financial and non-financial resources based on research methodology; Circulate new protocol drafts internally and externally, seek fe edback and modify accordingly; Seek approval from Finance, RRC, ERC etc. on protocol; Coordinate with Research Administration (RA) for approvals for research-related activities; Contribute to other colleagues’ research protocols in order to develop effective protocols that meet the new research objectives.
- Project Implementation: Monitor the project related activities and staff, Asess training needs, Recommend staff for internal and external training programs; Developed training tools; Conduct workshop and training sessions to share knowledge and experiential learn ing; Supervise and monitor field data collection; Liaisee with the Admin team to ensure logistics support for data collection and Coordinate with data managment unit for data entry in order to have smooth implementation of the project.
- Scientific Analysis and Report Writing: Critically asses data quality; Under the guidance of PI apply rigorous scientific analysis to derive meaningful inferences from data; Work with PI to analyze data and draw appropriate scientific inferences; Present findings to other scienti sts and seek inputs; Discuss preliminary findings with team members key stakeholders; Deliberate on those inputs and develop a draft report; Work jointly with PI and other team members to develop articles for peer-reviewed journals; Conduc t peer reviews of manuscripts of other researchers in order to support scientific manuscript creation while developing one’s own scientific writing abilities.
- Project Administration: Maintain liaison with study stakeholders especially with the community people/Gov't officials, supervise the team, resolve issues arise in the field, help to get reimbursement of field team in order to obtain study objectives with adherence to quality standards and project timelines.
Education and relevant experience:
- MBBS/BDS degree from a reputed institution recognized by BMDC or Masters in Public Health with good academic records;
- Candidates having exposure in research/ field level activities to mitigate any public health crises will be given priority.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Research Design
- Research Domain
- Ethical guidelines
- Research Analysis
- Project Resources Management Skills
- Scientific Writing and Publications
- IT Services, Systems and Applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Duration: Duration of fellowship is for the period of 1 years. However, it may be extended for further period depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Stipend & Facilities: Monthly stipend amounting to Tk. 42050 and free transportation to and from the duty stations, subject to Centre’s rules and availability of transports.
Evaluation & Certification: The progress of the Fellows will be monitored and evaluated. On successful completion of training and final evaluation, the Fellow will be awarded certificates.
Prospects: After completion of the program, the Fellows may apply against any other suitable positions at the Centre. However, such employment is not guaranteed. The selected Fellows will not be eligible for any other fellowship program at the Centre.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 12, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.