National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : February 05, 2019 Application deadline : February 12, 2019
Field Research Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#30/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Assistant with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on a Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) basis for 3 months, which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 15 posts
Salary - 29,516/ -(consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances. No other benefit is admissible.
Identify survey respondents and collect data WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF supporting research studies WITHIN the guidelines of project-specific field research procedures; and organisational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
- Project Implementation: Receive project assignment from Research Investigator; Attend training conducted by Field Research Officer (FRO) / Research Investigator (RI), Assistant Programme Manager (APM) to understand project scope, questionnaire, survey methodology, timelines, targeted demographics and areas etc.; Visit field sites as per plan generated by Field Research Officer; Collect demographic details of a statistically significant number of people / households, schools as understood from project scope; Determine adequate availability and representation of target demographic group; Select random sample from target demographic population; Administer the survey to random sample; Convince respondents to provide consent and answers to the complete questionnaire; Validate data collected with FRO, and escalate any issues; Seek FRO's guidance to resolve issues in interacting with respondents and collecting data; Submit data collected to data management team periodically in order to support research by uncovering evidence.
- Team Support: Train new junior staffs in study methods; Demonstrate how to conduct interviews to team members; Observe team members while they conduct interviews; Intervene and moderate the interview with an uncooperative respondent, if required; Provide feedback to individual team members on their interviewing skills; Share experience and learning within the team in order to improve the productivity of the team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Bachelor in any discipline; However candidates with Bachelor degree in Psychology/ Social Science with good academic records will get preference. Earlier experience and exposure to developmental assessments in under-five children and will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- data collection, validation, compilation;
- Ethical Guidelines
- Data Analysis
- IT Systems and standard applications
- Field Activities Management
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by February 12, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.