National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : March 13, 2019 Application deadline : March 18, 2019
Field Research Officer with Climate Change and Health under the Health System and Population Studies Division (DW#60/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Field Research Officer with Climate Change and Health under the Health System and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on Daily wage basis as per requirement, which is renewable depending on post-holder’s performance and availability of funds and increase in patient numbers.
Duty station - Matlab
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - 1,744/ -per day. No other benefit is admissible.
The position holder will work with a foreign English-speaking investigator in conducting video interviews and live translate between the foreign investigator and Bangla speaking research participants, communicate with community and family gate keepers and recruit participants and schedule video interviews, as well as various errands and tasks at the direction of the foreign investigator to achieve the objective of study within the guidelines of the research protocol and organizational values and guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Contact with community gate keepers and household members and explain the objectives of conducting video participants; Work to find participants; Perform consent process and conduct qualitative interviews; Aid communication between foreign investigator, project staff, community and participants; Aid foreign investigator and other project members in all needed logistics; Maintain proper communication and good relations with all project members as well as community participants.
- Project Administration: Coordinate with administration team to ensure supply of logistics at field sites; Coordinate with team, and other external partners for deployment of personnel and resources to field sites in order to support project execution
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Mentor young professionals and prepare them for higher responsibilities; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in Social Science, preferably Anthropology with good academic records;
- 3 years work experience in field research in reputed organization.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Excellent communication skills in English is must (spoken and written)
- Ethical Guidelines
- Data / Sample / Specimen Collection and Management;
- IT Systems and standard Applications and Statistical Analysis;
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 18, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.