National (only for Bangladeshi nationals) employment opportunities
Posted on : April 10, 2019 Application deadline : April 16, 2019
Senior Field Research Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division (Adv#94/2019)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
Special Information - icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender or disability status.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Field Research Officer with Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division. The appointment will be made on Fixed Term basis for 1 years which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 1 post
Salary - Annual Tk. 712,710/ -inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities - 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Plan, organize, conduct surveillance activities with the objective of collecting relevant research data for generating scientific knowledge within the guidelines of the surveillance protocol; and organizational values and guidelines (such as Institutional Governance Framework - IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines.
- Project Implementation: Understand research protocol and data collection techniques from Research Investigator; Train field staff on data collection methods specific to the project; Provide instruction and guidance to field staff during implementation; Receive samples and surveillance data from the field staff; Check data for accuracy; Provide samples to labs for testing; Analyze data and identify key findings; Investigate clusters with researchers; Write reports and share with relevant partners; Report findings to Research Investigator in order to collect, test and analysis data related to the research project.
- Project Administration: Identify staff with expiring contracts; Coordinate contract renew process with guidance from supervisor; Coordinate with administration team for procurement of project items; Coordinate with GoB and other external partners for deployment of personnel and resources to field sites in order to support project execution.
- Scientific Analysis and Knowledge Creation: Share ideas on how to analyze the data with researchers; Co-author manuscripts and write abstracts; Coordinate with CSU to arrange logistics for seminars; Invite community members to attend; Provide inputs to supervisor for creating presentations in order to contribute to the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
- People Management: Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set goals and conduct appraisals for the team; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Mentor field staff and prepare them for higher responsibilities; Identify and reward high performers; Recommend promotions; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance (such as creating Performance Improvement Plans, coaching, job rotations, planning separations from icddr,b) in order to build and develop an engaged and high performing team.
Education and relevant experience:
- Masters in any discipline.
- 6 years of experience in field research domain. Candidates with at least 2 years’ of Hospital-based Surveillance System will get preference.
Knowledge of -
Knowledge of -
- Data Collection Methods
- Ethical Guidelines
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Facilitating training
- Census and demographic surveillance system;
- IT Systems and standard applications
Skill on -
Skill on -
- Organizational and Financial Awareness
- Drive for Results
- Innovative Thinking
- Collaborative Communication
- Building Effective Teams
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by April 16, 2019. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Number in the application. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.